Revised Test with my apologies: Santorum without Newt in the race is still a loser - that is what Illinois taught us tonight.

Update and an apology of sorts:  I have ADD in the worst way.  It effects my writings in that I [often]really do not take the time to read and read again,  my essays.  When I get them right,  they are acceptable,  sometimes above average.  In the spirit of the best of ADD affected folks,   I always have "a million things to do" and,  as a result,  I let myself feel the pressure of moving to the next assignment before I have actually finished the previous assignment.  I did not finish my proofing of this post before I moved on.  As a result,  the paragraph that begins "Mitt has business experience" was so poorly written that I could understand what I was talking about.  I have made the corrections, after dozens of folks have read the post. Over the years,  I have made notable improvement as to this problem.    The funny thing about all this ADD business,  is that I can read out loud from the text while thinking and planning  something else and, there-in, lies the problem. If I read out loud with a "furrowed" brow,  I get the job done.  


PS.  In fact, it was so poorly written,  I may have unwittingly posted the first draft when I had intended to only "save" the draft.  

Revised text: (3/25/12)
Look,  some of the late Illinois polls  had Santorum running within 3 points of Mitt Romney,  but, in the end, Santorum lost the election by 12  percentage points.   Romney won with the conservatives, Independents and women.  Make no mistake, the Romney victory was nothing short of a landslide.

And Santorum gives a speech, afterwards,  declaring his conservative and consistent credentials. Fine.  Rick can say whatever he wants to say, but . . . . .

while Mitt was spending time in the business world,  Santorum was making a career out of public service.  While Mitt was setting aright the Olympics,  Santorum was busy voting to double the size of the Department of Education and funding Planned Parenthood.  While Romney was busy signing one veto after another as Governor in Massachusetts, 800 in total,  vetoes that repelled a liberal state agenda,    Santorum was busy "taking one for the team" and compromising with the "other" side of the aisle as a member of the House.    

Mitt is nowhere near perfect,  but it is becoming evident that he is our man for this campaign season.  Newt would be good but it looks like the air is totally gone from his sails.  And Rick?  Well,  he can't stay on topic and has no practical,  non-congressional,  experience.

Is Santorum a conservative?  Of course,  But, so is Mitt and Newt.  I think it is too early to declare a "winner."  We are eight months out.  It is fine with me if we wait until July to start hammering the nails into Obama's political coffin.  That gives us four months before the November election.  More time than that would be anti-climatic.  Don't believe me?  Look at Obama.  He has been campaigning as hard as possible and his approval numbers still suck and he is unable to pull away from his opposition  -  and no one on the GOP side is campaigning yet !!!

Get it?  He can't "pull away from his opposition" and he

Talk about anti-climatic.  What is another Obama promise; another bailout scheme, another speech on "fairness" if not anti-climatic ??

It is time to begin thinking about the possibility of a Romney candidacy.